Refrigeration, Cryogenic Technique and Comfort Life Support Systems
The Cryogenic Technique and Air Conditioning Systems Department’s aim is to prepare specialists on the following branches:
- cryogenic and refrigerating systems;
- cryogenic engineering of refining of gases;
- cryoconditioning, microcryogenics and components of life-support systems.
The core component of the course provides advanced analytical methods as well as a study of material behavior at low temperatures and element design to give the engineer a firm basis for the analysis, design and construction of cryogenic plants, air separation and condition systems.
- Scientific basis of cryogenic and refrigerating engineering;
- The theory and calculation of cryogenic thermodynamic cycles;
- The theory and calculation of refrigerating cycles;
- Mathematical modeling of operating processes in refrigerating and cryogenic systems;
- Low temperature experimental techniques;
- Refrigerating and cryogenic plants;
- CAD approach.
The course consists of lectures, seminars, tutorial classes, laboratories, industrial training and a diploma project on a chosen topic.
Directions of researching activity:
- Cryogenics, low-temperature engineering, thermodynamics of low-temperature processes (prof. A.M. Arkharov )
- Heat and mass transfer in separation devices for the systems “fluid - vapor”, “vapor - solid”; measuring systems for cryogenic media diagnostics; new methods and processes of gas separation (dr. I.A. Arkharov )
- Investigation of working processes for positive displacement expansion machines, compressors and turboexpanders; development of systems and plants for gas liquefaction and thermostatic control at the temperature level of 200 ... 20 K (dr. V.I. Ardashev )
- Hydrocarbon gases for refrigeration; microcryogenics (dr. V.N. Bogachenko )
- Heat, mass transfer and hydrodynamics of two-phase flows; development of systems for measuring flow rate, density, concentration, quality of different media flows; cryostatic control of superconducting devices (dr. A.G. Grechko )
- Investigation of cycles of refrigerating and cryogenic machines working on mixtures of substances; separation of mixtures (dr. S.D. Glukhov )
- Cryogenic systems and plants; compression and expansion turbomachines (prof. V.I.Epifanova )
- Utilization of refrigerating resource of liquefied hydrocarbon gases on transport; diagnostic systems for cryogenic flows; magnetic cooling (dr. A.A. Zherdev )
- Refrigerants and cycles; dynamics of thermal processes in refrigeration and cryogenic systems (dr. V.N. Kozlov )
- Mathematical simulation of heat and mass transfer in low-temperature installations; magnetic cooling, cryogenic current leads (dr. N.A. Lavrov )
- Refrigerants and cycles; working processes in refrigeration compressors (prof. A.S.Nuzhdin )
- Computer simulation of thermal processes in refrigerating engineering elements (dr. M.A. Kolosov )
- Gas lubrication of friction units for machines and mechanisms; air conditioning; life-support systems for terrestrial, undersea and space houses (prof. Yu.V. Peshti )
- Investigation and designing of high efficiency heat exchangers; thermal experiment procedure; development of miniature oxygen generators (dr. Yu.A. Shevich)
- Air conditioning; turbine refrigerating and vortex units (dr. V.Yu. Shadrina )
- Conditioning and life-support system for civil and special-purpose objects (dr. Yu.D.Frolov )
- Air conditioning; machines and devices of refrigerating engineering (dr. V.V.Shishov, dr. V.P.Chebotarev)
With any suggestions or questions, please, feel free to contact