Input data list of applied software
TYPE OF ENGINE, COMBUSTION CHAMBER DESIGN,
FUEL INJECTION EQUIPMENT
- Type of engine:
- petrol, spark ignition, carburetor ;
- petrol, spark ignition, injector;
- gas, spark ignition;
- gas, spark ignition, pre-cup.
- Angle of the injection / ignition timing (deg. before TDC)
- Choose convenient dimension for calculated NOx emission:
- g/(kW h);
- g/m3 or mg/liter;
- Swirl number H is the relation between swirl angular velocity and rotation
velocity. H can be specified by one of two ways:
- by the velocity of air in a combustion chamber at the end of compression;
- by the velocity of air in the cylinder at the end of intake.
- Diameter of the injector nozzles.
- Nozzle discharge coefficient obtained as a result of the tests in atmospheric
Piston bowl shape and fuel jets orientation
Parameters of injection
The differential characteristic of injection is the injected fuel velocity as a
function of the crank angle. This function must be specified for given engine speed and
capacity in a non-dimensional form. The characteristic must be obtained by means of
experimental data processing or by hydrodynamic calculation.
- Duration of injection.
- Portion of fuel per cycle.
GAS SPARK IGNITION ENGINE
- Sort of gas: pipeline natural gas / petroleum gas.
- Relation between pre-cup volume and compression volume.
- Wall surface area.
- Channel bore.
- Channel length.
- Gas injection lead [deg. before TDC].
- Duration of gas injection.
- Difference between cylinder head temperature and prechamber wall temperature.
- Relation between heat transfer factor of the prechamber and the cylinder.
PHYSICAL PARAMETERS OF FUEL
- The lowest heat of fuel combustion.
- Energy of activation of pre-burning reactions.
- Density of fuel at 323 K.
- Factor of a surface tension of fuel at To=323 K.
- Fuel dynamic viscosity at To =323 K.